The aim of the Future Stars Circuit is to create a competitive opportunity for the more advanced U9/U10 junior tennis player with encouraging participation. The Future Stars Circuit is for:
- More experienced players who have competed in at least three to five U8/U10 Rogers Rookie Tour events.
- Competitors who are looking to enhance their competitive experience and meet the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) competitive criteria.
Bianca Vanessa Andreescu and Felix Auger-Aliassime, the #1 Junior players in Canada have a special message for all competitors
U9 – Orange ball competition
- For youth who are born 2011 or later
- ¾ court will be used
- Racket: 23” (depending on child’s size)
- Boys and girls combined draw
U10 – Green ball competition
- For youth who are born 2010 or later
- Regular full court will be used
- Racket: 23-25” (depending on child’s size)
- Boys and Girls on separate draw
For a complete list of Future Stars Tournaments, please click here.
Please read Tournament Regulations on Tournament page before entering.
|Registration Opens||28 days prior to tournament date|
|Registration Closes||Sunday prior to tournament date|
|Draws and schedule to be posted online||on Wednesday of the tournament week – Players are responsible to check their own match time.|
Basing on First come, First Served.
Compass or Round Robin draw format will be used to provide a minimum of 3 match opportunities to each player
U9: Players will play 30 minute matches. Scoring will be a pro-set to 8 games, with no-ad scoring. If the match is tied at 7-7, players will play a 5 point tiebreak, win by 1.
U10: Players will play best 2 out of 3 sets, with sets going up to four games, and no-ad scoring. If a set is tied at 3-3 or players are tied at 1 set all, players will play a 5 point tiebreak, win by 1.
At Tennis Alberta our goal is to ensure that tennis parents and coaches are educated on how to support their child and others during tournament play. Please find some helpful pointers listed below:
- Review all pertinent details from the tournament website (start time, location, draw) 2 to 3 days prior to the events.
- No coaching is allowed. Do not communicate, visually or verbally while your child is playing a match. Your child could receive penalties because of this.
- No outside officiating is allowed. This includes line calls and scoring. Any score disputes on court should be referred to the on-site staff.
Parents are asked not to make any judgement of line call from where you sit. The window or the curtain, as well as the angle may give you a different vision of where the ball lands. The line judges who are sitting right at the line make error sometimes and so do the young players.
- While spectators are allowed on court in some clubs, all movement should be minimized in order not to disrupt the match. Should movement be necessary, we ask parents to do it after a point is finished and do it quickly – never between first and second serve.
Click HERE for Parents/Players checklist.
Share with us your comments and suggestions for Future Stars tournaments and the Circuit. Click HERE to fill out the Survey. Thank you!
(This short survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. For your valued time, you will be invited to enter a draw to win a $100 Cineplex gift card upon completion of the survey.)
Future Stars Sportsmanship Awards
- Play fair
- Follow the rules of the game
- Respect the judgement of referees/officials/tournament staff
- Treat opponents with respect
- Accept both victory and defeat with pride and compassion; never be boastful or bitter.
- Display appreciation for good performance
- Exercise self-control and reflect positivity upon yourself
For details of nomination and awards, click HERE
To create a healthy and positive competitive environment, the Future Stars Circuit leaderboards are designed to reward participation as opposed to winning. Points are awarded in different ways:
- Participation Points – Players participating in the 2020 Future Stars Circuit will receive 400 points per tournament played towards their year-end total.
- Bonus Participation Points – A one-time bonus of 2000 points for 10 Future Stars tournaments played will be given at the end of the year. All bonus points will be awarded in December, following the completion of the Circuit.
- Tournament Points – 100 points to one match win.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding the Future Stars Circuit, please email Derek van den Berg at email@example.com