Tennis Alberta, together with partners The Tennis Professionals Association (TPA) and Tennis Canada, host a series of courses for players looking to start or advance their coach certification.
All Course participants will be required to sign Tennis Alberta’s Enrolment Terms and Conditions upon registration.
Course information is also available on the TPA website by searching ‘Alberta’, or at the links below with TPA member sign in.
INspire Through SPort – Coaching and MentorShip Program
Inspire Through Sport is an organization designed to provide programs, courses, resources, and hands-on experience, and to foster inspirational leadership development. Tennis Alberta, along with The Tennis Professionals Association (TPA), the coaching arm of Tennis Canada, has partnered with Inspire Through Sport to deliver this amazing pilot mentorship program for girls aged 14-17.
This program is for you if:
- you are female tennis player or have an interest in tennis and you are looking for a supportive group of like-minded people.
- you have goals that you want to achieve, but aren’t sure how you’ll get there.
- you would you like to adopt more of a growth mindset.
- you are interested in the pathways tennis can bring you, whether it’s coaching, University tennis, community tennis, or high performance.
Minimum 12 registrants for the course to run. Registrants will be required to sign Tennis Alberta’s Course Terms and Conditions.
FALL instructor course
Calgary and Edmonton
Oct 8-9, Saville Community Sports Centre, Edmonton
Oct 21-23, OSTEN & VICTOR Tennis Centre, Calgary
JOIN THE WAITLIST
Instructors are trained to introduce players to the game using Progressive tennis in group lessons (1.0 – 2.5 level) at tennis clubs, parks, community courts and in school gyms. The mission of instructor course is to develop instructors who will stimulate players’ growth and retention, and promote tennis as a sport for life, by delivering a quality tennis program.
Minimum Age: 16 years (may take course at 15 years and be evaluated but can only be certified on or after 16th birthday)
Prerequisites: Minimum level of play: 3.0
Role in Industry: Beginning Instructor (Summer Camps, Park and Rec, Seasonal Clubs)
To maintain active certified professional status: TPA membership in addition to professional development every 4 years (or another certification course)
Schedule (both weekends):
- Members have access to a 15% refund on ONE Coach Course OR Officials Course per year. Does not apply to recreational members. Inspire Through Sport course not included.