From border to border, Albertans choose tennis as their sport for life. Tennis Alberta works to build tennis communities for every level and age of player across the province. We aim to bring more people into the game of tennis and to keep them playing for life — facilitating growth and sustainability.
- Increase participation and engagement in tennis
- Work cooperatively with valued community partners to build capacity
- Implement sustainable tennis participation models that fit the needs of local communities
Supporting these goals to build tennis communities, Tennis Alberta travels the province:
- Connecting with community leaders to discuss areas of needs, strategic priorities and offer resources.
- Providing on-court experiences, like children and adult Try Tennis events and other adaptive forms of tennis.
- Supporting local clubs advocacy campaigns for affordable, accessible year-round tennis facilities.
Contact Tennis Alberta to schedule a community visit: firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-415-1661.
FROM THE COMMUNITY
“We would like to extend our appreciation of thanks to Tennis Alberta for the attentive and beneficial support they have shown the Grande Prairie Tennis Club in the last several years. We have received two visits from Tennis Alberta staff, and both have been accommodating and a good blend of fun and professionalism. Last summer, we held adult and junior clinics, which enhanced interest in these age categories. Tennis Alberta was quick to see that we lacked tennis instructors. We are currently remedying this by booking a clinic to train some local folks to provide lessons to our members. I look forward to future ideas and events we can continue with Tennis Alberta.” — Grande Prairie Tennis Club