Effective this Sunday, December 13 at 12:00AM, indoor fitness and recreation facilities, including tennis clubs, will be closed for a minimum of four weeks.
In addition, the following mandatory restrictions are in place for sport, physical activity and recreation:
- ALL indoor group physical activities, including team sports, fitness classes and training sessions, are prohibited or restricted across Alberta.
- One-to-one indoor training, such as training with a fitness trainer or coach, is not permitted.
- Indoor group physical activities are prohibited unless
- the group only involves members of the same household.
- the activity involves students at a school or post-secondary institution as part of an education program
Outdoor group physical activity, including team sports, is permitted as long as it is 10 people or fewer, and members of different households maintain a 2 meter distance at all times.
All of the current restrictions can be viewed on the Government of Alberta website.
During this challenging time, Tennis Alberta encourages our community to stay healthy and safe. Together we can help slow the spread, and return to the sport we love safely. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Government of Alberta Dec 8 Update on COVID-19
Watch the Government of Alberta live streams or video highlights on YouTube HERE.
Tennis Alberta COVID-19 Updates HERE