Tennis Alberta has released the 2023-24 Junior Competitive Structure which will govern sanctioned junior events to the end of the 2024 outdoor season. All players/player parties are strongly encouraged to review the document as it outlines important tournament details like tournament format (scoring), eligibility and seeding.
Please note the following changes:
- DOUBLES – Doubles will be offered but not required at junior tournaments. To be eligible to participate in the doubles event, all players must enter with a partner by the specified entry deadline set on the tournament registration page. Players not entered with a partner will not be eligible to participate in the doubles draw.
- CONSOLATIONS – Players and not guaranteed a consolation match and are not guaranteed a minimum of two matches. Players will not be eligible to receive any refund if consolation events are cancelled.
- TIME REQUESTS – Players may request to play at certain times over the course of the tournament. Please be advised requests may be accommodated or denied at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Players making time requests must do so during the online registration process. Time requests made by phone or email will not be considered.
- RESIDENCY REQUIRMENT – All participants must hold Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status to participate at the Provincial Championships.
- U18 JUNIOR NATIONALS – Tennis Canada uses a merit-based entry system based on National Rankings which decides player eligibility per each province. Tennis Alberta will not implement a U18 Junior Nationals selection process or formulate a provincial team. U18 players can compete in the main draw and qualifying events at Junior Nationals and are expected to register online through the Tennis Canada Tournament system (tc.tournamentssoftware.com) if they would like to compete at Nationals. Learn more about the U12, U14 & U16 Nationals Selection Process HERE.
- TOURNAMENT ENTRY DEADLINE – The entry deadline for all junior tournaments is now 12 NOON MST the FRIDAY before the tournament starts. Please refer to the tournament page for the deadline, and review the changes to the Tournament Entry Guidelines.
Questions regarding the Junior Competitive Structure or eligibility requirements can be sent to email@example.com.