Tennis Alberta has released the 2023-24 Adult Competitive Structure which will govern sanctioned adult events to the end of the 2024 outdoor season. All players/player parties are strongly encouraged to review the document as it outlines important tournament details like tournament format (scoring), eligibility and seeding.
Please note the following changes:
- DOUBLES – To be eligible to participate in the doubles event, all players must enter with a partner by the specified entry deadline set on the tournament registration page. Players not entered with a partner will not be eligible to participate in the doubles draw. Tennis Alberta’s Manager of Competitive Structure will not match or find partners for players. Please review the necessary steps for entering doubles found in the Adult Competitive Structure.
- CONSOLATIONS – Players are not guaranteed a consolation match and are not guaranteed a minimum of two matches. Players will not be eligible to receive any refund if consolation events are cancelled.
- TIME REQUESTS – Players may request to play at certain times over the course of the tournament. Please be advised requests may be accommodated or denied at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Players making time requests must do so during the online registration process. Time requests made by phone or email will not be considered.
- JUNIORS’ ELIGIBILITY – Juniors over 13 years of age can enter Open and 5.0 NTRP events. Juniors aged 13-17 can not play 3.0 or 4.0 NTRP events.
- LOW ENTRY CATEGORIES – Singles and doubles events/categories with less than three (3) entries will be cancelled. Players will receive a refund. Please permit up to 30 business days after the tournament is complete for refunds to be issued.
- TOURNAMENT ENTRY DEADLINE – The entry deadline for all junior tournaments is now 12 NOON MST the FRIDAY BEFORE the tournament starts. Please refer to the tournament page for the deadline, and review the changes to the Tournament Entry Guidelines.
Tennis Alberta reserves the right to change all tournament formats. This may include deciding to cancel specific draws or tournaments if a low volume of entries is received. Any modifications made will be at the sole discretion of Tennis Alberta technical staff, with final approval issued by the Executive Director. Every attempt will be made to share modifications in advance with Tennis Alberta stakeholders.
Questions regarding the Adult Competitive Structure or eligibility requirements can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.